1. Did someone mention a sale? In my experience, Valentine’s Day often leads to wedding gown shopping. If that includes you – or any bride-to-be you know – you might want to check out Zola Keller Secret Closet’s Bridal Super Sale, now through through Feb 23. Zola Keller Secret Closet, 3440 N. Ocean Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, 954-564-5487.
2. What’s the one must-have garment to add to your wardrobe this spring? A romper would be at the top of my list. This one by StyleStalker is both easy and versatile, taking you from beach to cocktail bar. (It looks especially chic in ivory). LoveRich Boutique carries this one, as well as a nice selection of trendy fun designers with accessible price tags. LoveRich Boutique, 2 NE Fifth Ave., Delray Beach, 561-276-3045.
3. Love a nude nail polish for warmer weather? Me too – and I’ll admit that finding the perfect hue is a bit of an obsession for me. Recently the manicurist on one of my photo shoots introduced me to 548 Blanc White, a new shade from Chanel. Not too pinky, fleshy or flat, this subtle shade looks like a winner.
4. For Love & Lemons is one of my favorite frugal-priced labels, and I especially like their swimwear. This white one-piece with romantic lace in-set is sexy and romantic all at once. Nordstrom, Town Center at Boca Raton, 561-620-5555, forloveandlemons.com
5. It takes something truly special to get me down to Miami-Dade County, and the Ancient Spanish Monastery in North Miami is one of them. The 12th Century monastery – imported stone by stone from Spain – is worth a trip alone, but this weekend it will also play host to The Bridal & Event Show, 4-8 p.m. Sunday (Feb. 19). Tickets are $10 for general admission and $30 for a VIP ticket. For details go to, thebridalandeventshow.com.