By Robyn A. Friedman
2-1-1 Broward will honor eight community leaders and organizations who have helped the 24-hour comprehensive hotline and support services organization accomplish its goals in the county over the past year.
Those being honored May 6 at the annual Kip Hunter Marketing “Making Real Connections” breakfast, hosted by the Signature Grand and presented by Baptist Health South Florida, include:
- J. David Armstrong, president of Broward College (who will receive the Milestone Award in recognition of the support for 2-1-1 Broward throughout the years).
- Laurie Sallarulo, president and CEO of Junior Achievement of South Florida.
- Dana Somerstein, an associate at Greenspoon Marder PA and CLUB 2-1-1 member.
- Mike Keeby, executive vice president at Brown & Brown Insurance and a 2-1-1 board member.
- Broward Behavioral Health Coalition.
- The City of North Lauderdale.
- Publix Super Markets.
- Russo Battista Law Group.
“We honor individuals, corporations, businesses who have really made a difference in impacting the work we did in the past year,” says Sheila Smith, president and CEO of 2-1-1 Broward.
The breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m. May 6 at Signature Grand, 6900 W. State Road 84, Davie. Tickets start at $45 now, but rise to $65 after April 20. Sponsorship opportunities are available.
Event sponsors include Kip Hunter Marketing, the Signature Grand, Baptist Health South Florida, Russo Battista Law Group, OK Generators, Publix, JM Family Enterprises, Brown & Brown Insurance, Brenner Real Estate Group, FPL and Canon.
“I have been a board member since 2008, so I have seen the growth of 2-1-1 Broward,” says Kip Hunter, founder and CEO of Kip Hunter Marketing in Fort Lauderdale. “I’ve never been involved with an organization that is so caring and so dedicated.”
For information or to RSVP, call 954-390-0493 or visit 211-broward.org.
PHOTO: Bob Birdsong, CEO of OK Generators and Chair of 2-1-1 Broward; Kip Hunter, CEO & Founder of Kip Hunter Marketing and 2-1-1 Board Member; Michael Wild, Managing Partner of Wild Felice & Partners and 2-1-1 Board Member, and Carlos Molinet, Senior Vice President of Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau and 2-1-1 Board Member.